Thinking about implementing a telework program at your company? Perhaps you’re an employee and considering asking your boss for permission to telecommute a few days a week.
A tried-and-true best practice for ensuring all parties feel comfortable with exploring a telework program and then implementing it is to craft a Company/Employee Telework Agreement that clearly details the teleworking arrangement.
If you are looking to draft one of your own, consider including teh following points provided by Telework!VA.
- Specific remote work location (include address of employee residence, telework center, or satellite office)
- Work phone number and fax (if applicable)
- Description of work space at remote location
- Telecommuting schedule
- On a weekly basis as follows (enter details here about what will occur while teleworking each week):
- On a monthly basis as follows (enter details here about what will occur while teleworking each month):
- Regular telework work hours: From _______ to _________ (be sure to include estimated times for meal and other breaks)
- Description of the activities and functions to be completed by teleworker
- Frequency of communication with company (i.e., check voice mail, e-mail, etc.)
- Productivity requirements or expectations (if applicable)
- Company assets to be used at remote work location (description, ID number, and value)
- Company information systems to be accessed from remote work location (list)
- Non-company services, equipment, software, and data to be used at remote work location (list)
- Equipment services to be provided by the teleworker
- Security measures to be used by teleworker and expectations (virus protection and frequency of program updates, use of personal firewalls for computer, shredding company documents, etc.)
- Expectations of childcare for infants or young children during work hours
- Obligation to comply with company rules, policies and procedures while teleworking
- Employee and supervisor signatures and date
Want to get more tips for teleworking? Click the headlines below to read more.
Will you be a good teleworker?
How to Telework Successfully
How to Ask Your Boss For Permission to Telework
FAQs About Setting Up a Telework Program